An efficient mixed-mode rate-dependent cohesive fracture model using sigmoidal functions
By: Oliver Giraldo-Londoño, Daniel W. Spring, Glaucio H. Paulino, William G. Buttlar
- An efficient mixed-mode rate-dependent cohesive zone model is presented in detail.
- Rate-dependent springs and damage elements are coupled to model mixed-mode fracture.
- The model is implemented as a user-defined element in Abaqus.
- The model results agree well with test results for a wide range of strain rates.
- The accuracy of the model is similar to that of a fractional viscoelastic CZM.